Final Score: 5-2 (Hai Yee, Peter [2], Tony, Hamdan; Edmund, Ah Joon)
Players: Steven, Chai Liang, Danial, David, Francis, Hamdan, Tony, Hai Yee, Choong Wei, Wyai Kay, Peter; Charlie (Great Whites)
The Game: After 2 week's break from playing our regular game, we returned to our usual fixture. It was our usual lineup and it was good from the go as we drove much of the play, given as the Great Whites were a man short of 11.
The first goal was scored by Hai Yee who picked up a pass on the left and set off on a scorching run into the opponent's half. Leaving the Whites defences for dead, he darted in from the left and finished off his move brilliantly - unleashing a shot from the outside of his famed right foot that curled into the bottom right post. The second goal came soon after. Latching on to a loose ball from a poor clearance, Tony's shot from the edge of the box sweetly flew into the net.
Alas, it wasn't to be all that straightforward. The Great Whites fought back strongly as Edmund was quick on the run to slide one pass Steven. We went for the interval 2-1 up.
Charlie turned out for the Whites in the second half. Peter got a fantastic header in from a pinpoint cross from Hamdan. But the opposition showed remarkable resilience as Ah Joon toe-poked (or tau pok-ed) his shot in for the Whites' second goal.
At 3-2, the game seemed set for a jittery finish. The Whites gamely took the match to us which inevitably left open its defences. However, Wyai Kay, with Boon Huat at his mercy, uncharacteristically fumbled his shot wide. But Hamdan soon restored confidence with a signature shot that caught the unsighted Boon Huat off guard. Peter, then, sealed the game with another well taken header.
The game, quiet all this while, ended with a fiery fanfare. No less, Chai Liang matched Tony's vocal cords as he severely admonished Hai Yee for not running towards a pass: he was attempting to slingshot into the Whites' defence with a flanking run from the outside. Tony took his cue and racked up the decibels on the defence and attacks. Sigh...just when you thought it was safe to fumble a few balls.
It was a good game and we were quite fortunate as the Whites did put in some fantastic resistance. The team regrouped at Daniel's shining new abode for a BBQ session - good food (many thanks to Steven and Daniel), great company (but where's the women?). But sadly, Chelsea was crowned EPL Champions on that same night.
Injury: Hai Yee's disorientation was evident as he was clearly bewildered by Tony's voice coming out from Chai Liang's mouth or was it Chai Liang's voice speaking from Tony's body...
3 comments:
Sorry Hai Yee, no hard feeling, ok? I surprised myself too. David and Francis also got a tongue lashing from me.. I have no recollection of why I did that. I think I was hynoptised by Tony during the prep-talk. Or that Tony did an OBE (Out-of-body experience) on me, so I get the blame for all his vocal thrashing, possibly when we had a direct body to body clash moment before Ah Joon's goal. And yeah... and that probably explain why I could do a cross up high (I was never able to!) and did a characteristic Tony-style shot that miss the goal. That probably also explained why Tony managed to score..
No 3 (Tony DunWannabe)
Ohhhh! Now we know what really happened! So it was really Tony all the time but he was actually speaking through Chai Liang's body. Whew! I'm glad it has all been cleared up. In that case, I'm sure Hai Yee would understand but then again, he has got to feel hard sometimes, or else, then we'll all be definitely sorry...
Post a Comment