Final Score:
1-0
Hamdan
Players:
White: Chai Liang, Danial, Mike, Edmond, Ann Hoe, Peng Siew, Yew Min, Malay guy, Wilson, Ah Joon
Red: Daniel, David, Francis, Peter, Steven, Tony, Wyai Kay, Hamdan, Ajis, Hamdan's Bro-in-law
The Game:
We did not have enough players. Had to borrow from the reds. I am one of them. Danial also joined me on loan. With a new white Germany jersey, I actually looked for a good start.
Danial played keeper. There wasn't much for him to do. Our defence doing quite good job, keeping the red off. Me, Mike and Edmond, a good combination, covering one another. Tony playing striker against us, since a very long time, in the first half. Tony and Peter both missed a couple of oppurtunities. The absence of their usual wingers and playmakers (Choong Wei, Rudy) works in our favour, weakened their attacks.
Surprisingly, Tony did not shout as much as he used to. Is that a new strategy? I am not going to be fooled.
Our tactics of long ball in counter attacks seemed futile. Although Peng Siew manage to hold some of the crosses, we lacked the ability to convert goals. A couple of time we beat their defence, but they were lucky with good saves from keeper Steven.
In the second half, there is a slight change in the red line up. Tony went back to defence. That's when we actually heard him shout. Haha.. I knew it! All the leopards cannot change their spots.
Unfortunately we overlooked the real dangermen - YK and Hamdan. Both were tricky with their dribble, outfoxed all our defence. Even Danial was fooled by Hamdan's weak shot. The only goal of the day.
A pity we could not get away with a point, we were playing well then. Overall, I was disappointed with my ball control, although the red's kept saying I had good header, good dribbling. Blah blah blah... Nah .. reverse psychology does not work on me.
Injury:
Yew Min clashed with Francis towards end of second half, both injured and had to be sidelined. Yew Min with bruised ankle, and Francis knee.
~ End of report ~
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment