Final Score:
6-0
Hamdan, Peter 3, Rudy 2
Players:
We have Chee Hua, Daniel, Francis, Chai Liang as defenders. Midfielders Hai Yee (Ajis 2nd half), Hamdan, Tony, David, and Choong Wei. Striker Rudy, Peter. Keeper Steven.
The black players: Boon Huat, Andrew, Edmond, Peng Siew, Johnny, Ajis (1st half), Ann Hoe, Yew Min, David Ong, Ah Joon, Jufri and a malay guy.
2 of red players had to go after 1st half. Rudy for work and Hai Yee for groin problem. Ajis was recalled back.
The Game:
Hamdan had the first goal in the penalty box set piece free kick after Boon Huat 'handled' a back pass. Rudy added 2 more goals for 1st half before he had leave. Peter added 3 more goals in the 2nd half.
Today we have our full defence back. Athough Johnny can play for us, he had to play for the black because the black were short of players. This gave Steven a chance to play his keeper position after a long break. The first half with 2 black players coming in late, Ajis played for the black. I actually volunteered to play black in exchange for Johnny since we have enough defenders our side. But Steven playing keeper is also fine.
Our defence hold very well, we even saved a few potential goal opportunities - some really good ones. Good job.
A few occasion I was out of position - even David mentioned to me,"Chai Liang, you looked lost today". I had ventured into the central midfield when counter attacked. But I only did that when I was sure no black players to mark on the left and that there was no one else to stop the black player with the ball in the central midfield.
That would mean I knowingly left the left side exposed. A few times the exposed left side was taken advantaged of when another black player simply moved to our left. Thankfully Francis covered for me before I come back.
Should I have done that? What could be done?
One other point need further communication. I mentioned to Choong Wei to cross early instead of dribbling all the way to before crossing. This is in view that crossing late means a lot of black players would have got back and we will be man-marked. Somehow he did that in second half. I thought it was good but Peter could not reach on time. And Peter signaled to him to slow down his cross.
So did Choong Wei get mis-matched instruction? Or perhaps the "cross-early" only applies when we have many of our players in the goal box and not just one?
So we won. But before we open the champagne to celebrate, we must note that the reason we won with that many goals is because they have a weaker defence. The black, however, have a very strong midfield. Had they manage to fix the defence loop hole, I think the score would have been different. At least both sides would be balanced. The main difference also lies in our attacking players... making every scoring opportunities into goals. That matters the most. Good job.
So we where is our Tiger Cup?
If anyone have any comments about today's game, please share. Or Any suggestion to improve? Potential issue to highlight?
Casualty:
Hai Yee - groin (will be out probably 2 weeks)
~ End of report ~
Sunday, January 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment